New Zealand organic blackcurrants are known for their remarkable health benefits. They are packed full of nutrients, have high levels of vitamin C and are naturally loaded with antioxidants and taste delicious!
We don’t call them a superfood for nothing!
We call ViBERi organic blackcurrants a superfood because they contain extremely high levels of Vitamin C, one of nature’s most powerful antioxidants. If part of a healthy, varied diet they help protect cells from damage caused by free radicals. Our blackcurrants also contain anthocyanins, the compound that gives our
berries their rich dark purple colour.
Research shows Vitamin C contributes to the following:
- Contributes to iron absorption from food
- Necessary for normal connective tissue structure and function
- Necessary for normal blood vessel structure and function
- Contributes to cell protection from free radical damage
- Necessary for normal neurological function
- Contributes to normal growth and development
- Contributes to normal collagen formation for the normal structure of cartilage and bones
- Contributes to normal collagen formation for the normal function of teeth and gums
- Contributes to normal collagen formation for the normal function of skin
- Contributes to normal energy metabolism
- Contributes to normal psychological function
- Contributes to the normal immune system function
- Contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue
Head to the Blackcurrant New Zealand website to find out more information and research on how blackcurrants can contribute to: