Blackcurrant & Hemp Muesli Bars
This slice makes a yummy addition to the kids lunch boxes, or a healthy treat to enjoy with a cup of tea. They're basically home-made muesli bars and this recipe is completely adaptable - add whatever seeds, nuts and dried fruits you have at home. This is based of a Nadia Lim recipe, but Suzy (ViBERi QA Manager) has adapted the recipe to include ViBERi products, because that's absolutely always a good idea.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Refrigerator time: 2 hrs
Servings: 8 large bars
- 100g Butter
- 1/4 cup Rewarewa Honey with Blackcurrant (or any honey)
- 1/4 cup of ViBERi Freeze-dried blackcurrants
- 1/4 cup of ViBERi soft-dried blackcurrants
- 1/4 cup of Sunflower Seeds
- 1/4 cup of Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/2 cup of desiccated coconut
- 1 1/3 cup of rolled oats
- 1/4 cup of roast almonds chopped
- 1/8 cup of The Brothers Green Gut Health Protein Powder
- 1/8 cup of ViBERi blackcurrant powder
- 1 pinch of salt
1 - Preheat oven to 170 degrees. Line a square baking tin with baking paper.
2- Melt butter and honey together in a medium-sized pot or in a medium-sized bowl in the microwave. Stir in all dry ingredients until combined well.
3- Use the back of a spoon to firmly press the mixture into the lined baking tin and bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown. When it comes out of the oven, press it down again with the back of a spoon to make it nice and compact.
4- Leave to cool in the tin and then refrigerate for at least 1-2 hours before removing from the tin. This slice will keep in an air-tight container for about a week - or you can freeze it in an air-tight container or snap-lock bag for as long as desired.