This is a super simple recipe that is great for an easy dinner party dessert, a snack or to wrap up as a gift.
250gm of Chocolate
Optional extras: Roast almonds or cashews, pretzels pieces, diced dried apricots, powdered cinnamon or chili etc
- Select a good quality chocolate of your choice. White will give you a sweet bark with a nice sharp bite of blackcurrant, where as the higher the percentage of chocolate, the more bitter it will be. If you are looking for a low sugar option, use Lindt 90%
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler.
- Prepare baking paper in an dish or tray, depending on how thick you would like the bark.
- Depending on the look you would like will determine what order to spread the chocolate. Either spread the chocolate over the tray and scatter your toppings on evenly or first scatter your toppings on the tray and pour the chocolate over it.
- Store in a sealed container in the fridge to retain freshness (should it last that long...)